[DeTomaso] Shipping Companies

ParaPantera at aol.com ParaPantera at aol.com
Fri Jul 6 03:44:19 EDT 2007

Asa,

  I can answer that one for you, at least in my situation.  I am  an Oregon
resident that purchased my Pantera from P.I. in California.  The  rules are, as
an Oregon resident if I take delivery of the car in  California (i.e. drive
it home) I have to pay the California 8% sales tax.   However, if I take
delivery in Oregon (delivered to my door via  enclosed car hauler) I do not have to
pay the sales tax.  On top of that,  since I knew of several owners doing
transactions up and down the coast the guys  truck was never empty so no "dead
head" time so my cost was less than  1K..........cant beat that.

Ron