[DeTomaso] Interior chassis photos needed

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jul 5 19:48:04 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

I'm still in Paris, working 13-14 hours a day on Stephane Bergeron's
pushbutton #1256.   I noticed something for the first time today (while having to
screw around and fabricate a mounting bracket for the throttle cable, because of
*course* these early cars use an entirely different scheme, meaning his new
throttle cable didn't fit the old bracket location).

His car is lacking a *lot* of structure at the front of the cockpit.   Here,
take a look:

http://members.aol.com/mikeldrew/EuroPushbuttonChassis.jpg

The later cars were beefed up quite a bit in this region.   Also note that
there are no hard lines for the heater sprouting up from the center of the
chassis.   These cars routed the heater lines where the A/C hoses go on the later
cars, and the A/C hoses ran through the right side rocker panel.

Anyway, would somebody be able to send me a photo of a later-style car
similar to the angle shown above, so that I can show Stephane what he's missing?

Thanks!

Mike (who today, no kidding, installed and removed the latching mechanism
from a pushbutton door no less than 20 times while having to tweak this and bend
that and fiddle with the other thing, because apparently this is a replacement
door made from a square doorhandle door, and when they converted it to
pushbutton-style, they put the hole in the wrong place which causes the mechanism
not to work properly, and on and on...such is the story of this car, repeated
over and over...but at least it doesn't have even the slightest speck of rust on
it--not one iota.   Astounding.)