[DeTomaso] No Idle Blues continued part 1

charles buthala charlesbuthala at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 4 22:34:54 EDT 2007

Here are responses to all of Jack's prolific answers, let me know if any shed any light.
  My gas tank has been cleaned and sealed, therefore there should be no sock or contaminants in the tank or lines.
  My filter is on the pressure side of the fuel line, I quote " A bomb" appropriate while I sit here and listen to the fireworks on Independence day.  I may consider moving that unit.
  The engine and ZF are grounded.  I just installed both grounds within the last month so they should be working fine.
  That still levees me with an unsolved problem of the hot start, its just plain strange.

JDeRyke at aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 7/04/07 10:23:23 AM, charlesbuthala at yahoo.com writes:    <<  it dropped RPM and stalled. I could not get it to fire again. I had this problem before, when it gets hot it will not fire. >>    If yu don't have one, a gear drive mini-starter needed, along with a good   ground wire between engine (or ZF) and a clean paint-free spot on the subframe.   Using both, our engine spins & fires smoking-hot with 10-1/2"1 C.R. FWIW- J   DeRyke

 See what's free at   http://www.aol.com.