[DeTomaso] WeatherPack connector NOT

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Jul 2 13:03:13 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/01/07 6:13:07 PM, PersoCaddy at aol.com writes:

<< Now (with a new battery) the car runs fine for 20 minutes, this I have
timed and this is the time required for  the next thing to happen. At idle in my
driveway tach bounces from 1,000 to  4,000 rpms indicated, and the ammeter
needle is jumping in time with the tach !  >>

It may be a ground problem with the voltage regulator- one owner found he
need a separate wire ground from chassis to the regulator. If adding a regulator
ground doesn't fix it, try this, Pat: while the engine is idling, turn on the
headlights and watch both tach and water temp needles. If both decrease when
the lights switch on, the problem is a grounding-loop somewhere in the
console-to-grounding-lug under the dash. The fix commonly includes removing all the
instrument ground connections under the dash, wire-brushing them and
reassembling with some dielectric grease. Don't get carried away in tightening the nut on
the under-dash ground point- I've seen them twisted off, and that causes more
problems!  Good luck- J deRyke
<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> See what's free at http://www.aol.com.</HTML>