[DeTomaso] road trips, and the truth is....

LaurieFerrari at aol.com LaurieFerrari at aol.com
Wed Feb 28 03:13:04 EST 2007

MD.. that is the sweetest post of all time; I have to still love you for
that. xoxo.
And for Greg, the bro. is a mechanic, a surgeon and whatever  else he needs
to be. In fact he once made his cell phone  answering message (a joke for my
benefit) say: "If you need car  repairs press 1, for plumbing repairs, press 2,
for airline tickets press 3, for welding jobs, press 4...  etc."  I hate to
share this but he even helped me  bury my sweet little 17 yr. old Siamese kitty
who died last  Friday. Even though I've been joking with you all, I'm very
sad right  now.
But back to the car... the truth is that he is a firm  believer in
"Preventative medicine" just as AA mandates for the  proper maintenance of airplanes.
That means if there's even a  slight thought that something 30+ years old might
fail, he has me  replace it even if I could get away with a quick fix.  I
think if more of  the guys would do that rather than being penny wise and pound
foolish  our cars would be far more reliable.  So I  have replaced many parts
with the best, not the cheapest, and all  for the betterment of the car.  My P.
is reliable, but  alas MD is right, not driven as much as she deserves; ah
well, maybe when  school's out.

And I do trust all you guys know when I'm embellishing my stories and
pulling your legs for amusement.  In the last one, I have to be  honest, no one got
a DUI : )
Laurie
---------------

Of course your Pantera is high maintenance....thats because  it never gets
driven hard anymore.....YOU'RE high maintenance too....and  you....okay shut my
mouth...just kidding. ;-]>

I will say this Ms. Ferrari -  you still be the ONLY woman who is  STILL man
enough to drive and finish your Pantera in two different open road  races!!!
So while I know you and I know your beloved bro's there ain't  nothing wrong
with any Pantera that some duct tape and a AAA card won't fix  which reminds me
of the time when Peter-the-German Menyhart broke at SilverState  and we towed
his car from Ely back to Palm Springs using 3 different AAA  cards. ;-]>

md

Laurie
So your brother has been "replacing many of my major parts,"? I  thought he
was a mechanic, not a surgeon?
Greg
http://www.aol.com.