[DeTomaso] Speaking of Garage Lifts

MyCars MyCars at comcast.net
Tue Feb 27 21:07:27 EST 2007

I bought my 4 post hoist 3 years ago... and I love it! But not all lifts
are created equal. I looked at some of my friends lifts and spoke to
them about what they liked / didn't like about their lifts before
deciding on mine.

Things to think about:
1) how long does it take to go up and to go down? Mine is a lot quicker
than the others I've seen... which is good for me, cause I can be
impatient!

2) how sturdy is it? I've seen some that flex beyond what I'm
comfortable with, mine is very solid with no flex or sway of the posts

3) what kind of safety locking does it have? Mine has metal pegs on the
inside of all four posts and the cross bars have double locksall the way
around

4) are the safety locks inside or outside? (can you catch your fingers?)
Mine are on the inside away from where fingers can reach

5) what is the mechanism to open the safety locks? Mine uses air to
unlock and let the lift go down (so mine needs a separate air
compressor). I've seen some that use a mechanical setup (wire, rods and
springs) that sometimes needed two people to get it to unlock & that
would put one person in dangers way if something where to go wrong...not
good IMHO.

6) where is it made? Mine was made in the US (this matters to some
people & not to others)

7) How much weight is it rated for? Mine is 9000lbs (so I can also work
on the SUV)

8) How much does it cost? Mine was a little more than others, but when
you are spending that much money... you want to get what is right for
you.

I bought a Bend Pak HD9 (the wider version, because I have a group 4
with 13" wide rims in the back).

Do your own research and get what's right for you!

ttyl
Roydon }8-)>