[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 31, Issue 21- Road Trip

Curt Hall cuvee at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 27 17:28:18 EST 2007

Why would you WASTE good Scotch like that? I'd be Mad also!!!

"Larry - Ohio Time Corp." <larry at ohiotimecorp.com> wrote:  Bob

Funny you should say that. Just the other night on TV was a spot about
Chrysler's 60's turbine car. The story went that some younger engineers
wanted to prove that it could almost run on anything flammable. They grabbed
a bottle of scotch from an older engineers office (remember it was in the
60's) and dumped it in the car and drove off. The older engineer was hopping
mad at him for doing it.

My old auto teacher, John Yelling had a test turbine car for three days. He
liked it but it had a sloooow pickup. Spin up time like a jet I would think.

Larry (don't like no scotch) - Cleveland