[DeTomaso] Receiver/ Dryer re-location on a stock A/C system

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Feb 25 19:13:02 EST 2007

In a message dated 2/25/07 15:03:57, mbefthomas at comcast.net writes:

<< A good question here would be where have folks mounted their R/D in
locations other than stock when still using the rear condenser?  I currently
have my e-bay stripped, am hiding the wiring and will be rerouting the A/C
lines when the system goes back in in a couple of years, and want to think
about cutting off the R/D mounting bolts now if I know where I might mount
it later. >>

>>>Pantera Performance Center sells a kit that relocates the dryer to the
inside of the wheelwell, behind the right rear tire.  In fact I bought their hose
kit to do just that, some ten years ago, and after thinking about it, thought
better of it.  The hoses just sat in their original box all this time.

Installing the dryer in the wheelwell precludes actually being able to look
at it when you're charging the system, and potentially makes it vulnurable to
debris kicked up by the rear wheel.  For the sake of simplicity and common
sense, I elected to just utilize a stock configuration.  That meant that my
existing hoses wouldn't work, and to their eternal credit, they have allowed me to
return them for a straight swap for conventional hoses.  This is some ten years
after I originally bought them.  NO restocking fees or hassles or anything.

The box went out to them yesterday.  It remains to be seen how long it takes
for me to get the new hoses installed however!

free email to everyone.  Find out more about what's free from AOL at
http://www.aol.com.