[DeTomaso] Broken Fuel Sending Unit

MyCars MyCars at comcast.net
Sat Feb 24 18:34:24 EST 2007

My Pantera has always registered 3/4 full fuel since I bought it 3 years
ago. I previously tested the gauge & it worked through the full range by
varying the current.

Anyhow, I removed the sending unit earlier today. I' try as best I can
to describe what is broken... There are two metal conductive plates that
drop down from the top (part that bolts to gas tank) of the sending unit
and they appear to be riveted to a resistor pot type elbow. One of the
rivets is broken, so the circuit is broken.

My question is: what would be the best way to re-attach the conductive
plate back to the resistor pot?

I'll take some pictures and upload them to my website later on, as
pictures may describe my situation better than I am.

ttyl
Roydon }8-)>