[DeTomaso] Plating Rear Camber Brace Bolt

F&D Terry gt5s at bcpl.net
Sat Feb 24 08:18:45 EST 2007

Charles,

Caswell sells a few brush plating kits for about $35 each that plate
Copy Chrome and Nickel to mention a few. Keep in mind, however, that
what your surface looks like prior to plating will be about the same
after a plate is applied. If you want a shiny surface you must first
polish the base metal. There is a learning curve associated with
anything and the starting cost for plating will be about $35 for one of
Caswell's brush plate kits. Eastwoods sells a Tin/Zinc plating kit for
twice the Caswell kit. The plate can be polished but it will eventually
tarnish or oxidize. Having been there and done that, your best bet is to
go to a professional plater as Gary suggests.

Fred T.