[DeTomaso] Plating Rear Camber Brace Bolt

charles buthala charlesbuthala at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 23 14:46:12 EST 2007

Well from all I've read it will cost me more to try this then it's worth.  I do love to try new projects, like when I thought I could build carbon fiber engine covers cheaper then buying the originals.  Well after 1500 bucks I had a custom set, and one production mold.
  I am going to try one last method, a friend that works at a plating Co.
  Thanks for all the great info.

Garth Rodericks <garth_rodericks at yahoo.com> wrote:
  BTW - disregard that phone number at the bottom of my last message. It somehow got added to my email 'signature.' Anyway, it's wrong.

A couple of thoughts...

At $71 a can, plus shipping & handling, I'd just have the part plated for real.

Be sure to shop the competition before buying from Aervoe. Their prices seem VERY HIGH.

Example:

Crown Cold Galvanizing Compound (1/2 pint) $113.65 from AERVOE
http://www.aervoe.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=30&idproduct=390

Crown Cold Galvanizing Compound (1 quart*) $34.99 from EASTWOOD
*Thats 4 times as much product for less than 1/3 the cost!
http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=1111&itemType=PRODUCT

And here I always thought Eastwood was expensive.

Cheers!
Garth

always stay connected to friends.