[DeTomaso] Plating Rear Camber Brace Bolt

Art Stephens artstephens at charter.net
Fri Feb 23 11:59:54 EST 2007

Charles,
     You could just clean the parts and paint them after they are on the car
and adjusted.  You could first try spraying some aluminum spray paint into a
cup,  then brushing it on.  You may not be able to see the brush marks while
standing at the back of the car.  If that doesn't look good enough to you,
you could mask things off and spray paint it.  I do the brush technique on
my heads after spraying dark Ford blue spray paint into a cup,  and people
always think I have a new engine,
the brush marks are not visible unless you have climbed into the engine
compartment.  Having said that,  I eventually had the bolt zinc plated along
with the decklid latch assembly.  That $75 may be a minimum that might cover
a fair amount of stuff?  There may be other guys in your area who need stuff
plated that would like to split the cost with you?

Art