[DeTomaso] The Forum is *very* quiet

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 22 12:10:28 EST 2007

I have a ProForm carb, and I love it.

I bought a brand new 650 4777 Holley.  I added a ProForm main body.  Later I
added either ProForm or QuickFuel metering blocks and throttle plate.  I
don't remember if it was PF or QFT.

It probably would have been easier to buy it already made, but it's fun
tinkering with this stuff.

The only negative is not having a choke.  That's a plus and a minus.  Once
it warms up, it runs great.

I modified my fuel delivery, but not because of high speed starvation.  My
fuel sock sucked, so I moved the line to the bottom of the tank.  I have a
rubber hose to the mech fuel pump and -8 lines to a good fuel filter
(expensive) and then to the carb.  I'd like to replace the rubber hose and
maybe reroute the lines to be behind the heat shield.  I'm not looking
forward to the gas shower, though.

I plan on doing a carb comparison on the dyno once I get everything ready.
I have 3 intake manifolds to compare.  I was also going to do headers, but I
think I have enough on my plate.  If I weren't spending all my work time on
the road, I'd probably be ready by now.

Will.