[DeTomaso] Seat Belts

RKMosier at aol.com RKMosier at aol.com
Wed Feb 21 21:57:47 EST 2007

In a message dated 2/21/2007 12:13:21 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
jmontero at fcmat.org writes:

My  question is, can I convert my car to
the more modern single belt setup with  the retractors?  Has anyone done
this conversion and, if so, what is  involved?  Are the parts available
from the vendors?

I got the parts from Wilkinson.  He has a retractor unit that fit into  the
same hole as the stock unit.  He supplies a special bracket to mount it  that
he makes.  You have to mess to adjust it as you bolt it in so that it  pulls
out.  Remember how those belts in the 70's would stick some times  when you
pulled the belt.  Mine work great.  Comes with new receiver  to bolt tot he floor
between the seat and tunnel.  Fits the stock bolt in  the firewall.  I like
them.  Only thing I had to do was strip the  paint off the piece that bolts in
the floor with those four screws.  Fill a  couple of tiny hole (1/16") where
the original unit had a couple of screws and  repaint.

Richard Mosier
3714
http://www.aol.com.