[DeTomaso] Seat Belts

Joel Montero jmontero at fcmat.org
Wed Feb 21 15:14:55 EST 2007

My car is a late '72 with factory seatbelts.  They are the separate lap
and shoulder version wherein the shoulder piece has a metal part that
manually clips into seatbelt.  It appears that the later cars had a more
modern setup with a one-piece lap and shoulder belt with retractors for
both, one in the door sill and the other behind the seat.  I do not want
to convert to a racing harness.  My question is, can I convert my car to
the more modern single belt setup with the retractors?  Has anyone done
this conversion and, if so, what is involved?  Are the parts available
from the vendors?  Notwithstanding a racing harness setup, is there a
better, slicker way to go?  Suggestions welcome.

As always, thanks for the help.

Joel

Joel Montero, CEO

Fiscal Crisis and Management Assistance Team

jmontero at fcmat.org

707.775.2850

Barbara Smith, Administrative Assistant

661.636.4308