[DeTomaso] Stub axle.

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Wed Feb 21 13:37:44 EST 2007

As I am working on a C-6 Corvette. I just looked at the C4 rear uppright axle and it is 31mm diameter!!!
Pepe Estrada was a Corvette guy that made drive shaft for these cars and made somthing like a 4" version
for strength reason. Original is 3" diameter.
The Pantera axle is 40mm, by fare stronger than the Corvette stuff, as fare as dimension is concerned.
Even the bearing size is toy stuff compared to that of the Pantera.  So, what happen i the real world
with the Corvette stuff?
We have broken 3 of these 31mm axle using a 2,5" drivshaft during 1,25sec 60 foot times in the P 1800.
But never the 2,5" driveshaft tubings.
Goran