[DeTomaso] New EFI intake porting/polishing abuse repaired

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 01:10:29 EST 2007

After Dick Drenske carefully scribed and then port matched my new EFI intake to the 302B heads on my Cleveland stroker I took the intake to a polishing shop in Buena Park (Buena Park Chrome & Polish) to polish the 8 ports....which is where they proceeded to overcut one of the 8 ports and in doing so they 'holed-through" one port not paying attention to Dick's carefully laid out scribed lines that even a monkey would have trouble not seeing...when I got to the shop the owner couldn't look me in the eye. The good news is the other 7 ports looked good.

  The better news is  there is a great metal fabricator and mig and gas welder next to Dick Drenske's shop (Jim Shirley/Shirley Design 714-897-1641) whose done some excellent mig welding before for Dick and I. He took one look at the intake and said "no problem" and proceeded to fix the problem while I arrived at his shop tonight at all most 6pm.  An interesting side note about Jim is he used to build custom intakes for Ford race engines.  Can't say enough good about Jim. My total bill was $10 bucks.
  There is a God.

Mad Dawg Antenucci
Team Pantera Racing
www.teampanteraracing.com