[DeTomaso] Seat Track Rollers and Window Stickers

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 11:00:24 EST 2007

Before the list went down I made a couple of posts that I never got a
chance to follow up on.  I just wanted to say thanks to all who responded.
I cleaned the grease and gunk from the seat tracks and installed the
plastic rollers.  A couple of the rollers were a bit loose so I used a
pair of vice grips to narrow the inner tracks and a couple were a bit
tight but some trimming with a razor blade of the plastic nubs on the
side of the rollers took car of that.  I don't have the seats in the
car yet but I think they'll work fine.

I also got a nice post about Ford's L.A. Quality Audit Emissions Lab
in Pico Rivera, CA from someone who worked there from 1978 to 1980.
He indicated that, at the time, Ford randomly picked 2% of all Ford,
Mercury, Lincoln, etc. cars and trucks to run through one of three
emission labs for quality audit checking.  The three labs were located
at the assembly plants in Los Angeles (Pico Rivera), Kansas City, and
Dearborn.  That explains why my window sticker shows the car was
delivered to Pico Rivera while others do not.

Thanks Again,
Dan Jones