[DeTomaso] spare tire rim

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Feb 20 10:54:03 EST 2007

In a message dated 2/20/07 6:31:53, flisi at si.rr.com writes:

<< It is the steel OEM space saver rim.  Paint is chipped and some spots of

surface rust.  Just want it to look as new.

>>>I see.

>The important point to me is that I want the car to look as it did out of

the show room in 1974.  The finish on the rim looks satin but I do not know

the effects of age on 1974 rim paint (did it start life as gloss then age to

satin).

>>>Jack said, and I tend to agree, that the original finish was satin.  What
you've got is probably what you want.

>The other mystery is if the OEM black paint of the rim match the black paint

in color and finish of the OEM the '74L front and rear bumper. >>

>>>I wouldn't count on that at all.  If they are the same it would be
coincidence.  Just have a bodyshop color match what's already there and you'll be
good-to-go. :>)