[DeTomaso] ZF-Q transaxle

adin at frontier.net adin at frontier.net
Mon Feb 19 14:50:42 EST 2007

Hi kids,

Recently spent some time yakking w/ Don Bryars . . . he showed me a
very "not pretty" ZF shaft that one of the customers had modified.
Apparently the customer was fond of racing hot new muscle cars and
letting them get a 10 car lead.  Ford big block torque and drag racing
shift techniques were used to reel them in.  the drag racing shifts
modified the ZF.

Maybe "not prett" wasn't quite the correct term.

Jack is probably right though - an "adult driven" ZF might last
through more than most could apply.

David, if you think you are John Force - stay outa my car.

Quoting JDeRyke at aol.com: