[DeTomaso] Electical gremlin

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Mon Feb 19 14:16:14 EST 2007

HELP!  I need some assistance with a weird problem that just started with my
early '72.  If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

I installed power locks in my car and they work fine.  The lead to trigger
the parking lights to flash during the lock/unlock sequence I tapped into
the pink wire on the light switch in the dash, which I seems to go to the
parking lights.

Everything worked fine a few times, but all of a sudden, the left front and
right rear lights stopped working.  The headlights still work, as do the
emergency flashers, but the left side marker light and right rear taillight
don't function when the light switch is set to the parking light position,
and although the right front and left rear parking lights flash when the
power locks are actuated, there is no response from the left front or right
rear.  I checked the bulb in the front left side marker, and it's good--it's
just not getting voltage any more.

Does anyone know why this might be happening and how to fix it?

Thank you,

Chris