[DeTomaso] engine cover fan gizmo

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Dec 31 16:14:55 EST 2007

Chris, a large percentage of the air going thru the radiator and under the
car is sucked out that rear opening. The area above the rear deck is at a low
pressure air-flow-wise and the faster you go, the more air is pulled up and out
the hole. Photos made 30 years ago of Panteras at the Dry Lakes and Bonneville
show a giant rooster-tail maybe 30 ft high trailing the car from the rear
window area, at high speeds. So I'd think that whatever you use for fans would
need to pull an awful lot of air or they'll just become flow-limiters. Perhaps
its effect will be mostly felt at around town speeds. As far as looks, I had an
air-to-oil cooler mounted in the screen for several years before I decided
the thing was too small and was doing nothing to earn its keep. Good luck in
your testing- J DeRyke