[DeTomaso] Seat Tracks and dope

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 30 09:48:04 EST 2007

Yep - that's the one I was remembering.

  _____

From: JDeRyke at aol.com [mailto:JDeRyke at aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2007 1:44 PM
To: wkooiman at earthlink.net; detomaso at realbig.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Seat Tracks and dope

In a message dated 12/28/07 7:19:56 PM, wkooiman at earthlink.net writes:
snip.....

If you just drop the wheels in, they roll back and forth each time you hit
he brakes.  I don't know this first hand.  It was described in the
newsletter.  I'm thinking it was either Jack DeRyke or Mike Drew that wrote
the article.

For a change, it was neither. SOBill had a small mod of adding a light coil
spring between each new roller and the track to slightly increase friction
and keep the rollers from unrestrained movement. Remember, if your floor is
bent a little, the seat tracks will also be bent and adjustment will be
difficult. If you have stock seat rollers, these have rubber linings that
dent, making flat spots which keep them from rolling at all. Plastic or all
metal aftermarket work fine. Good luck- J DeRyke