[DeTomaso] Engine Carburetion Experts

Orville Burg, II Orville at Rubyglass.com
Sat Dec 29 17:25:02 EST 2007

I am currently in the process of replacing the Holley 750 carburetor on my
GT5-S in order to try to get it back into EPA compliance, being an '87 and
requiring passage of state and federal emissions criteria.

I purchased a Holley 4150 series 600 cfm, model 0-4776C, and added the
electric choke. I just pulled the old 750 off the manifold and noticed that
the interior pattern of the manifold didn't seem quite right. The manifold
is a Holley Street Dominator which I believe to be designed for a spread
bore carburetor, and my new carburetor is a square bore. Holley offers an
adaptor to allow usage of the square bore on a spread bore manifold, or vice
versa.

Here is a link to a picture of the manifold showing where flow has been in
the past. It appears to be slightly restricted.

http://www.pixclix.com/Micro-Wave/Pantera/Carburetion/Manifold-Top.jpg and

http://www.pixclix.com/Micro-Wave/Pantera/Carburetion/Manifold-Top2.jpg

I believe that I need the adaptor, Holly P/N 17-6,
http://www.holley.com/17-6, in order to minimize or smooth out the flow
constriction.

Might someone confirm that I am not out in left field on this project?

Thanks,

Orville, #9469