[DeTomaso] Seat Tracks and dope

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Dec 29 14:43:57 EST 2007

In a message dated 12/28/07 7:19:56 PM, wkooiman at earthlink.net writes:
snip.....
> If you just drop the wheels in, they roll back and forth each time you hit
> he brakes.   I don't know this first hand.  It was described in the
> newsletter.  I'm thinking it was either Jack DeRyke or Mike Drew that wrote the
> article.

For a change, it was neither. SOBill had a small mod of adding a light coil
spring between each new roller and the track to slightly increase friction and
keep the rollers from unrestrained movement. Remember, if your floor is bent a
little, the seat tracks will also be bent and adjustment will be difficult.
If you have stock seat rollers, these have rubber linings that dent, making
flat spots which keep them from rolling at all. Plastic or all metal aftermarket
work fine. Good luck- J DeRyke