[DeTomaso] Seat belts

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Dec 29 01:59:10 EST 2007

In a message dated 12/28/07 11 12 46, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> Okay, sounds reasonable.
> Next question:
>
> What brand do most folks use?
> In my research so far, Simpson seems the most reasonably priced.  What
> are the opinions of others?

I have Simpson in the GT350 clone, and a mixture of Simpson and Deist in the
Cobra.   Hall Pantera sells a complete five-point harness system (belts,
mounting hardware, and the bar across the back) using Deist belts and that's what I
have in my Pantera.

The standard is three-inch lap belts; I have three-inch shoulder harnesses in
the Cobra and GT350 and two-inch in the Pantera.   Two-inch belts are much
more comfortable for regular use, but they have a smaller surface area (33%
smaller) which means that the force transmitted to your body in the event of a
crash will be more localized, i.e. greater potential for bruising etc.