[DeTomaso] Seat Tracks and dope

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 28 22:19:09 EST 2007

There's some trick you want to do.  I believe it was in the newsletter.

If you just drop the wheels in, they roll back and forth each time you hit
the brakes.

I don't know this first hand.  It was described in the newsletter.  I'm
thinking it was either Jack DeRyke or Mike Drew that wrote the article.

About the leather - ask someone that does that kind of work before you try
to repair it.  My brother works for Falcon Jet.  They do fancy leather,
gold, wood, etc. inside corporate jets (among other things).  They sometimes
get stuff on leather and have to clean it.  Many times, the cleanup solvent
does more damage than what it is removing.  I'll give him a call and see if
he has any ideas.

What is the pipe dope like?  Is it that whitish stuff - probably petroleum
based?  What color is the leather?

Will.