[DeTomaso] Australian GR4 Replica w/ GT5/GT5S 17+18" Campy Clones

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Dec 28 11:10:18 EST 2007

In a message dated 12/28/07 5 17 11, bflesland at gmail.com writes:

> He has seen a picture of a black, gorgeous GR4 replica, maybe from
> Australia..
> That car has Campy clones, 17 front and 18 rears. What's special is
> that it has 18 rears...
> Anybody know that car and/or the wheel manufacturer? I think I have
> seen it too in a POCA or PI magazine....can't remember exactly!

Wilkinson and Pantera East both sell GT5-style Campy clones in 17 and 18
inch, with a variety of different options available with respect to the wheel
center.   A 'proper' GT5 wheel requires a very thick, very expensive blank to make
the center, and that makes them VERY expensive.   Many people opt for a
thinner, cheaper center.   They'll make them the way you (and your budget) can
stand them.

I'll send you a photo of a Gr4 clone with Wilkinson's top-of-the-line 17-inch
wheels front and rear.