[DeTomaso] Spring Summer 2008 Pantera Gathering

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 11:10:12 EST 2007

Happy Holidays to all,

I have done some preliminary research into the "Panteras at the Parthenon"
event that I suggested last month to be held in Nashville, TN

I have also spoken with the management at Nashville Super Speedway (
www.nashvillesuperspeedway.com ) and they are receptive to a track day for
us as well.

It is a 1.5 mile road course with 5* banking on the straights and an oval
with 14* and 18* banking on the turns.

They have agreed to let us use the road course for 75% of the day and then
at a designated time, remove barriers and open up the oval.

The cost for this is $6,500 plus I need to acquire event insurance ( of
course if this could be a PI or POCA co-sponsored event, we could use that )

So at $200 per car ( a fair price ) we need 33 cars top participate.

This is for a Friday.

I see the weekend something like this.

Thursday night ( Registration at Hotel , gather at pub, no formal event )

I am speaking with several who have private garages who will designate space
to us which would enable us to hire private security overnight

Friday Day, Nashville Super Speedway Track Day

Friday Night ( More Registration ) and Cocktail Party / Bench Racing

Saturday - Driving Tour of Nashville, Winery, Lunch, Music Row, Hell raising
curves!

Saturday night, Take on Nashville at night at a known entertainment venue, (
working on public parking en masse )

Sunday, Car show , Pantera at the Parthenon. ( Photo of your car in front of
the building included ) http://www.nashville.gov/parthenon/

I have several dates in mind, they are April 4,5,6, June 12,13,14 and June
19, 20 and 21st.

These dates are based on the Friday availability of the speedway, I still
need to confirm other locations but this is the one that is not movable. )

I don't see this as being really expensive except to get there, I would ask
that you stay at the selected hotel so that we can avoid other space rental
costs ( ballroom, tables, chairs, parking )

I would like to keep the registration simple, define a price ( which would
include event shirts - pre-ordered to size ), collect a deposit and then at
a set date, collect the balance.
Hotel fees will be on your own.

It would be nice if this were an open event to all Pantera owners to feel
welcome, no politics, just grease under the fingernails bonding, etc.

So gentlemen and ladies, do I continue investing my time?

Please let me know, TN is centrally located and this could be the first of
an annual event, the southern Las Vegas gathering if you will.

Michael in Savannah

--
Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia