[DeTomaso] Clutch MC

SEL edlebby at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 27 21:01:07 EST 2007

Jack - i know i am taking a liberty by sharing this offline message with the board - but it is such a shining example of what makes this community great that i am willing to be accountable for the consequences - and...it should give all beginners like me heart to take on projects -

there is a long list of others that have reached out - Mike Drew, JT, Will Koomian, and Clay Willmot to name a few - they have been supportive and helpful, as so many of you are on so many issues - this is not only a thanks, but an invitation for a collective pat on the back, as 2007 closes - you (we) deserve it

the story finally found its happy ending - after a failed attempt at bleeding, Mike suggested anti-sieze in part to recognize that this would seal the threads and prevent air from coming through the bleeder threads - he was on the right track, but the antisieze i had didn't do the trick - jack then suggested (as i think one or two others did) to put teflon tape on the bleeder threads - tried that...and the third try was the charm...clutch works!!! - took the car out for a spin...all i can say is that i am happy to be back on the road in time for 2008 (after being sidelined since april 2007)

the grinding in the tranny is a different story for a different day...time to celebrate the small successes

Happy New Year!

Stephen