[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 41, Issue 22

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Dec 22 13:56:55 EST 2007

In a message dated 12/22/07 9 00 17, spleen at spamcop.net writes:

> I agree with Mike that replacing the ceramic fuses with glass ones isn't
> worth the trouble, but are there other alternatives?
>
>>>Yes.

>  Do the Pantera
> vendors make a form, fit, and function replacement for the Pantera fuse
> block that uses modern fuses?
>
>>>Absolutely--although they are quite proud of them (i.e. $$$$)   Larry
Stock converts stock fusesboxes to use modern plug-in fuses (and also modifies the
window motor fuse box).   Alternately, Bob Timma sells a conversion kit using
Nissan fusesboxes which is more or less plug-and-play.

>  And as long as I'm demanding answers from
> everyone, why don't they make little circuit breakers for automotive use
> instead of fuses?
>
>>>They do.   Go to your auto parts store and you'll see them.   They have
the same 'blade' pattern as modern plug-in fuses but incorporate a circuit
breaker instead.   They are physically larger of course, so typically you can't put
a bunch of them in a fusebox, but if you have a stand-alone fuse holder,
there's nothing preventing you from running a circuit breaker there.