[DeTomaso] Electrical nightmare scenario...

fresnofinches at aol.com fresnofinches at aol.com
Sat Dec 22 12:41:17 EST 2007

I think the major reason that stock style fuse deteriorated
like it did may be the dis-similar metals.? The stock holder metal and the aluminum
fuse metal don't agree very well with each other.

Aluminum is a very reactive metal, far more so than the steel caps on the
glass fuses.?

2511 came with the now-obsolete, Buss doesn't make them anymore, glass
GBC fuses.?? I have had no trouble with any of them.

I hunted down some NOS GBC's here in Fresno, and have more than enough
for 2511's future needs.

And Mike, if you can't see the burned out filament inside the GBC fuses,
it just may mean you need glasses.? ;-)

Larry