[DeTomaso] help with disassembled heater on/off switch

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Thu Dec 20 14:36:22 EST 2007

Dear Barry,

Great news--I called the phone number on the invoce you sent, and they gave me the number for Seal Source in Portland (503-281-0020), part of the same company, and they could get me the seals and O rings ($2.00 and .25, respectively), so I ordered some and they should be here next week.

Thanks again for your help with this, I soon should be able to have a warm cabin once again!

Sincerely,

Chris

From: oldwheel at mts.netTo: chrisvkimball at msn.comSubject: Re: [DeTomaso] help with disassembled heater on/off switchDate: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 19:29:58 -0600

Chris

I'll find them for you if you can wait a week or two. I paid $5.00 each for mine.

I've attached a copy of the order where I bought the items for my valve. When you reassemble the valve, make sure you orint the parts so the pressure side heater hose is trying to push the white plastic disc closed and the little rod forces it open when heat is called for. It is possible to arrange things backwards and the little seal on the rod is not really up to the extra pressure. I have wondered if maybe that's where some of the complaints about the heater valve not closing completety come from too, but I'm not sure. It seems like a nicely made little valve to me.

Barry