[DeTomaso] Very Unique Pantera on Ebay

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Dec 17 21:40:18 EST 2007

In a message dated 12/17/07 18 06 35, mbefthomas at comcast.net writes:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-PANTERA-PANTERA-1974-ONE-OF-A-KIN
> D-BUILT-FOR-FORD-EXECUTIVE_W0QQitemZ180196325262QQihZ008QQcategoryZ6472QQssP
> ageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Interesting car.   De Tomaso made several of these experimental decklids, and
one was fitted to the three-seater six-cylinder Pantera prototype.   It
dramatically changes the appearance of the car, and seems to be inspired by the
Lancia Stratos.

None of these decklids was ever installed on a customer car, as far as I
know, although I think two or three were put on cars that were specially made for
Ford executives.   I saw another one in Detroit that had metal FORD letters
(plucked from a Mustang or something) grafted onto it, a custom interior, etc.
etc.