[DeTomaso] Project Pantera - Sell or Keep?

Jerry Booher jerrybooher at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 16 19:54:23 EST 2007

I have a 1972 Pantera that I began to restore in 1989
and quit soon after. Because of health and age issues,
I am not sure I can finish it now. The only reason I
started was the deteriorated paint and warped front
rotors.

I am unfortunately a perfectionist, so I was not
satisfied with the old car and started the
restoration. I rebuilt the engine 11000 miles ago. It
has 38000 now. Almost totally rust-free. Upgraded
ross-flow radiator, half-shafts, Sankyo comressor,
headers. New weatherstripping. New windshield. New
dash.

My options are:

Finish it. I can do quality body work, paint and
mechanical.

Sell it as is and buy a finished one for $60000.

If I sell it, what is the best way?

I posted pictures at
http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee184/jerrybooher/1972%20Pantera/

What do you recommend? Thanks in advance for your
suggestions.

Jerry