[DeTomaso] Engine/distributor questions

Paul Timko thedrol at pobox.com
Sun Dec 16 17:12:08 EST 2007

I'm pretty sure the bottom of the distributor was turned down.  The
difference was minor.  I just pulled the distributor from the old motor
and the shaft diameter at the bottom measured 0.485".  The shaft
diameter of my brand new Mallory distributor was 0.515".  The interior
hex that the oil pump shaft fits into is exactly the same.

So it should be very simple to remove the extra 0.030".

Paul