[DeTomaso] Engine/distributor questions

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Dec 16 15:14:25 EST 2007

In a message dated 12/16/07 12 10 34, thedrol at pobox.com writes:

> You are exactly right a standard Ford distributor won't just drop right
> in.  You can drill out the hole (not such a good idea unless you are
> doing a rebuild) or you can turn the outside of the shaft down.

Is the issue the size of the opening in the block/base of the distributor?
It's not the shaft that's the issue (the driveshaft) but rather the actual
base of the distributor, isn't it?

Sounds to me like the best thing to do is leave it alone!   Or perhaps have
the existing distributor rebuilt/rebushed, or converted to a Petronix if it's
not already an electronic unit.

Thomas, weigh in with your opinion here, as I know I shipped a whole bunch of
distributor bits and pieces to you as you were tackling this issue.