[DeTomaso] Engine/distributor questions

Paul Timko thedrol at pobox.com
Sun Dec 16 15:03:30 EST 2007

My car (#9270) came with the original Aussie block.  It was the standard
2V item.  I would have a hard time believing that ANY Pantera came from
the factory with the Aussie XE block (the good one).  There are a few
minor differences with the Aussie 2V block from the standard US blocks.
  You can tell the difference from the outside, there are bulges in the
sides of the block between the freeze plugs.  It should also have a
smaller distributor hole (the one in that the very bottom of the hole
where that distributor uses to drive the oil pump).

While I'm not sure if it came this way from the factory, it also had
Ford electronic ignition and a Ford electronic distributor.

Paul