[DeTomaso] Test stand and dyno software

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Thu Dec 13 10:10:00 EST 2007

Here is a project I have been working on. As some of you know I have built
an engine test stand for my 400/434. I wanted to do some tuning on the
engine (especially with webbers) before I install it in the car. I know
there are some devices and software to data log and monitor engine
parameters as you run the engine. I didn't really find one that did what I
wanted to do so I thought I would make my own. The idea was to get O2
values left and right and match the carbs with egt. I am building the
program to read values such as EGT, O2, Manifold pressure, rpm, etc. At
least if I am building the program I can add or drop components at will.

Still in the early stages but I am now able to map EGT in a graphic. The
next step is to calibrate the circuit and the programing.

The other program I am building is mapping out cams at 10 degree
increments. I am building a cam from scratch for a very old 1 cyl car and
I wanted to compare cams as well as convert lift values at 10 degree
increments to an actual cam shape.

Photos of the EGT circuit:

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars/dyno/dyno1.jpg

 You will notice the headers have one O2 bung in each header and an EGT
sensor in each primary.

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars/dyno/stand3.jpg

Gary