[DeTomaso] 3.  Porterfield r4s pads, front & rear - with the e-brake groove in back.

parapantera at aol.com parapantera at aol.com
Fri Dec 7 18:47:08 EST 2007

If you need a visual refresher http://members.aol.com/parapantera/fit.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Baranek-Home <tbaranek at earthlink.net>
To: MikeLDrew at aol.com; detomaso at realbig.com
Cc: wkooiman at earthlink.net
Sent: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 10:23 am
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] 3.? Porterfield r4s pads, front & rear - with the e-brake groove in back.

Copy all
------------------------------

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: MikeLDrew at aol.com
  To: tbaranek at earthlink.net ; MikeLDrew at aol.com ; detomaso at realbig.com
  Cc: wkooiman at earthlink.net
  Sent: Friday, December 07, 2007 1:18 PM
  Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] 3.  Porterfield r4s pads, front & rear - with the
e-brake groove in back.

  In a message dated 12/7/07 9 43 57, tbaranek at earthlink.net writes:

    I just talked to a Porterfield Tech.  They said they don't know anything
about a "groove" mod for the R4S Pad.  It has pins???
    Please help with this.  Or recommend a point of contact at Porterfield that
KNOWS Panteras.
    THANKS!

  The pad has a single pin in the back, which engages a groove in the piston in
the caliper.

  So, the guy at Porterfields KNOWS Panteras (or at least Pantera brakes), and
you don't. :>)

  But as soon as you take it apart, you will!  Make sure you have the factory
shop manual handy and follow the steps, because the rear caliper is a bit
strange and requires unusual procedures to compress the piston without damaging
it.

  Cheers!

  Mike (who still needs to refer to the book whenever he works on stock Pantera
back brakes, because I don't know them very well either!)

  Check out AOL's list of 2007's hottest products.