[DeTomaso] 3.  Porterfield r4s pads, front & rear - with the e-brake groove in back.

Tom Baranek-Home tbaranek at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 7 13:23:59 EST 2007

Copy all
------------------------------

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: MikeLDrew at aol.com
  To: tbaranek at earthlink.net ; MikeLDrew at aol.com ; detomaso at realbig.com
  Cc: wkooiman at earthlink.net
  Sent: Friday, December 07, 2007 1:18 PM
  Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] 3.  Porterfield r4s pads, front & rear - with the e-brake groove in back.

  In a message dated 12/7/07 9 43 57, tbaranek at earthlink.net writes:

    I just talked to a Porterfield Tech.  They said they don't know anything about a "groove" mod for the R4S Pad.  It has pins???
    Please help with this.  Or recommend a point of contact at Porterfield that KNOWS Panteras.
    THANKS!

  The pad has a single pin in the back, which engages a groove in the piston in the caliper.

  So, the guy at Porterfields KNOWS Panteras (or at least Pantera brakes), and you don't. :>)

  But as soon as you take it apart, you will!  Make sure you have the factory shop manual handy and follow the steps, because the rear caliper is a bit strange and requires unusual procedures to compress the piston without damaging it.

  Cheers!

  Mike (who still needs to refer to the book whenever he works on stock Pantera back brakes, because I don't know them very well either!)