[DeTomaso] driver's side window question

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Thu Dec 6 22:43:32 EST 2007

My driver's side window is scratched almost the entire vertical distance from the previous owner's (probably) installing the whiskers incorrectly (I remember reading about this in one of the past POCA magazines).  I used a small file to reach inside the window gap, file down the offending points and eliminate the possibility this will happen again, but in the meantime, I have a scratched driver's side window.  There are several parallel scratches next to each other.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how I might repair the damage.  Is there a type of grinding or polishing wheel that would work?  Is some sort of NOVUS technique viable?

If not, how available is a replacement and (I almost hate to ask) at what cost?  When I was installing my power locks and power mirrors, I remember looking inside the door and thinking how difficult it would be to replace the glass.

Thanks for you help.

Sincerely,

Chris