[DeTomaso] Fluidyne Radiator Repair from Zip Ties

ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 6 19:47:30 EST 2007

If it is, as I suspect, aluminum, then the repair is a little more
challenging than the typical (stock) brass radiator.

Here is a link to the Cooling section on my website for some general info:

http://www.provamo.com/Members/TechInfo/Cooling.asp

and pics of the flex-a-lite radiator fans and shroud that I use (and like).

Chuck Melton

I have Fluidyne radiator about 1.5 yrs old.  Just got the car this summer.
Previous owner had the radaitor installed by a Pantera vendor right before
he sold it.  I had heard about the zip ties and radiator leaks but had not
gotten around to fixing it due to other Pantera problems.  I asked the
installer about a warranty and was told he has never heard of anything like
this and has twenty Panteras sitting there with zip ties with no leaks.  Did
I mention the fans run constantly anytime the key is in the ignition even
when cold?   Fluidyne has a 1 yr warranty so no luck there.

If the leak from the zip tie (drivers side inferior corner) is near the edge
would anyone suggest trying to fix rather than replace?  The fans are not
large enough to reach top and bottom radiator frames to screw in.  Thus
would one need to replace with larger fans? I see pics of custom made
radiator backing plates but these appear to require TIG welding.  The local
welding company fried both pieces I have taken them thus far, so not wanting
to try with a 500$ radiator.

I assume replacement would be the consensus but thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance,

Clay (donating plasma for radiators)

Your smile counts. The more smiles you share, the more we donate.  Join in.