[DeTomaso] Clutch Master Cylinder

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Dec 5 19:53:30 EST 2007

In a message dated 12/5/07 8 56 23, rgg at gregorycook.com writes:

> Is there a readily available rebuild kit for the stock clutch master?
>
>>>From the comprehensive SOBill Pantera database:

Stock Clutch Master Cylinder rebuild kit: Bap Geon #26-06300; Beck/Arnley
#071-5771

> > I found an old one lying around the shop the other day and decided to
> pull
> it apart. Much to my surprise the bore is in excellent shape, so I
> thought I might go ahead and rebuild it just to have a spare.
>
>>>As I told Stephen already, rebuilding the clutch master was a viable
proposition when a new replacement was $250-275.   Now, you can buy a brand new
factory master cylinder for $69.   The rebuild kit lists for only about $13
(although I can't find any place online that actually has them in stock?) but the
agony necessary to remove and reinstall a clutch master dictates that the smart
move is to just buy a new one.