[DeTomaso] Fw: COOK ENT EFI INDIVIDUAL BILLET AIR FILTERS

Mike Trusty miketrusty at msn.com
Wed Dec 5 16:46:35 EST 2007

Yes the donut type that I was talking about are the flat type with two wire
screens with foam between them.  Horrible restriction.

An interesting idea that some of the GT40 guys are doing is taking tea
strainers and adapting them to their velocity stacks.  That provides a domed
screen that keeps out rocks and bees and actually looks pretty good.  The
MUCH greater free area of the domed screen is much less restrictive than the
donut.  Still a huge compromise.  Did I mention that I hate compromises.
Anyway.  They have a window above their carbs/injectors.  A Pantera has
clouds and rain not to mention the dust that is boiling up from below the
car in the engine compartment.  Like taxes, filters are a necessary evil.

Mike Trusty Engineering
15119 Gorgeous View Trail
Little Rock, AR  72210
Ph:  501-224-9013