[DeTomaso] COOK ENT EFI INDIVIDUAL BILLET AIR FILTERS

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 17:40:46 EST 2007

> Has anyone with an IR EFI system actually tried different length stacks?

I have 3 different stack heights for the 50mm here to test on the dyno
as part of
the list dyno project.

> Can you move your torque around a noticable amount or are looks the main
> benefit?

Simulation says the effect is quite noticeable.  When I did the simulations
on my 407, the long stacks pumped up the low and mid-range but peak power
took a big hit.  The short stacks looked to be the best for my application
and also fit under the stock screen and decklid.  I was somewhat surprised
to see Mad Dawg went with the tall stacks since I assumed he'd be after top
end power at the ORR's.  However, there is a synergistic effect with header
length and he's running the long tube 180's and I'm running short 4-into-1's.
If we have the time (funds), I'll try the stacks with long and short tube
headers.

Dan Jones