[DeTomaso] Clutch Master Cylinder

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Tue Dec 4 12:29:07 EST 2007

IMHO,

The main problem with rebuilding is corrosion in the master  cylinder bore.
If you have corrosion, which is likely after 30 odd years, the  new seals may
work for a time, but the corrosion pits will eventually cause them  to leak.

I would replace the master with a new, original, Pantera master  cylinder.
These are available from all the vendors. The cost  of an original master
cylinder divided by the expected life  span amounts to zip. I am not an originality
freak, but the original part does  the job, fits, and has all the right
connections in the right  places.

I would not replace the master with CNC master cylinders which are  also sold
by the vendors. The installation requires cutting and flaring the  existing
tubing and the supplied fittings are not really correct. I had one  of these,
but sent it back and got an original.

IMHO,

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com