[DeTomaso] Screaming Barbara Video...

Gale, Douglas S doug.gale at hp.com
Mon Dec 3 11:01:51 EST 2007

Funny video,

This video was at this past Sept Cherries Jubilee in Sept.  I was one of the 15 ~ 18 drivers giving rides to people on the track that day for the charity.  This is normally a Porsche only event, but Laura Thomas (the driver of this Miata) didn't have her Carerra at the event, so she brought her Spec Miata.  I almost brought mine due to a minor oil leak in my 72 911 RSR Clone.  Anyway, Screaming Barbara was on the extreme end of the scream-o-meter, but all of us had some screamers over the 2 day event!  It was pretty funny listening to the crys of fear while cresting T1, T6, the Corkscrew, etc.  (1:46 lap times)

I actually told each driver that there was a barf bag in the glove box, and that I just finished building the car 2 days prior(which was true), and that I had never driven a rear engine car before.(OK, I'm a liar!) I got some interesting stares from 'victims' just before we left the hotpits!  Pretty funny!

The RSR is a 2200lb street legal version with a twin plug 3.5L that's pushing 320HP.  Needless to say, we weren't the slowest car on the track, so I did manage to get a couple of drivers sick.

A side note.... The audio from this video was pumped through all the Laguna PA speakers, so everyone at the facility had to listen to Screaming Barbara on the PA!  It was pretty funny LIVE!

Doug Gale
www.trackmasters-racing.com
69 Mangusta (still under construction!)