[DeTomaso] Distributor engagement

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 01:31:39 EDT 2007

Excellent recommendation!!!

    Get the oil pump drive shaft centered the with a long extension and a socket. Then use a long screw driver to pack grease around the oil  pump drive shaft. The oil pump drive shaft will now stand proud so the  distributor can engage it.

The grease will not hurt anything and will be dissolved as soon as  the motor warms up.

  I wish I thought of this when I replaced my distributor. I was jacking the car high one one side to get the shaft to 'balance' in the center of the distributor hole - what a PITA. Check out my pics here:
  http://www.banzairunnerpantera.com/updates_distrinstall.htm

  Cheers!
  Garth