[DeTomaso] DeTomaso] Do I own a Pantera or a Gremlin...?

Konrad.Szwab at AlconLabs.com Konrad.Szwab at AlconLabs.com
Thu Aug 30 01:22:15 EDT 2007

Maybe I was mesmerized by fear. While testing some of the relocation of the temp sensor all I could see were those alt. fan blades spinning. Being courageous, I put back the metal cover with 2 bolts to continue the drive without having visions of my dirty elbow being pulverized.

________________________________

From: JDeRyke at aol.com [mailto:JDeRyke at aol.com]
Sent: Wed 8/29/2007 11:55 PM
To: Szwab,Konrad,HOUSTON,IT; detomaso at realbig.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] DeTomaso] Do I own a Pantera or a Gremlin...?

In a message dated 8/29/07 2:33:00 PM, Konrad.Szwab at AlconLabs.com writes:

<< I would worry more about the alternator fan blades. >>

Uh-uh. The waterpump pully hex-bolts stick out right where the drivers elbow
is when shifting to 2nd & 4th. In many cars, the left side of the passsenger
seatback will touch the alternator fan, tearing the upholstering to bits but no
bloodshed. To gain a little extra clearance when I did my 'almost-flat
firewall cover' earlier this year, I changed the waterpump hex bolts to flathead
allens, countersunk flush to the pulley. FWIW- J DeRyke

 Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized representative of an intended recipient, you are prohibited from using, copying or distributing the information in this e-mail or its attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any attachments.
Thank you.